Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Strawberry Patch Faith

It amazes me that this...

...turns into this! Kind of like how we are as followers of Jesus...we bud, bloom and hopefully
bear fruit. This big strawberry had reached its full potential...(well almost:)))

...which is what we hope and daily pray for these little buds as they bloom and bear fruit in thier lives.

My littlest nephew, could not stop eating strawberries, he was mesmorized by them
(which his momma was reminded of later that day:)

What I love about fruit is...it is so great all on its own-but the possiblities are endless once it is ripe! Humm...


Lots of fruit together...makes a big difference...



...and a sweet ending!

During this Holy week I am reminded not to stay in the budding-blooming stage, but to ask
Jesus to help me see where and how I can continually bear fruit for His Kingdom! It is so easy for me to stay a pretty little bloom, and not go through all that it takes to bear fruit. The truth is it is not me doing the fruit bearing anyway...uhh if I could only remember that truth-there would be a whole lot more fruit! Life with Jesus simply is a whole lot sweeter!
...."Remain in me and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. Yes I am the vine and you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them will produce much fruit.
FOR APART FROM ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING." John 15:4-5 (NLT)

Love and Strawberries, Tracey

p.s. Bisquick strawberry shortcake recipie on the side of the box...is the best ever.
People are always asking me for the "recipe"...we just add vanilla ice cream and real whipped cream.
It is a great dessert for Easter...nice and fresh and light!


 



3 comments:

  1. What an awesome blog...especially when it contains pictures of my sweet and beautiful grandchildren!!! Thanks ...and keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to this recipe when we moved here..it's one our favorites now, too.

    love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post, I just found you from 'Between You and Me'. :)

    Such a good word and fun pics too!

    ~Karla

    ReplyDelete