Thursday, March 18, 2010

White pitchers and true collectables!


White plates...tea cups...bowls and WHITE PITCHERS...I love them all... as much as Leigh @ Brabourne Farms loves cuboards (check out her amazing blog, and great post on cuboards).




Source: theletteredcottage

Layla @ The Lettered Cottage totally understands what I am about to share with you confess. Look at this springtime mantel post of hers...sure to cause a springtime smile.


Source: PB

I collect them, dream about them and search weekly for them...




My husband thinks I am "thirsty"...



...he is a pastor... so I said...yes...thirsty for Jesus...and all the
creamy white pitchers I can get my hands on!




I search every Monday at TJMaxx...and on my way I am hoping...and yes if I am to be honest...pray...
that there will be one...two...o.k. praying for three new white pitchers! I don't care if they are big or small.


I love beauty in the simple...the simpler the better.
I love people who are real, reflect the light of Jesus, clear and simple in the way they live and love. I love people who are funny and see the humor in the ordinary and mundane, humble...not cause they are trying to hard to be- but are because they understand who thier creator is and in light of that...simple humility is the only response. Somehow a white pitcher...believe it or not represnts those things to me...go figure. O.K. so maybe I am just trying to justify my obsession...but the rest is still simply pure and true!

Feeling grateful for the many pitchers in my life...and the few people who are true collectables!
Happy pouring...Tracey
p.s. Will show you my collection soon...

4 comments:

  1. love this post...can't wait for you to show everyone your collection of white pitchers..

    I'm blessed enough to "do life" with this girl and her family...and her house is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me. This is awesome! I feel like I just got to know you a little better (But strange thing you not being in the room while it happened:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I too love those white pitchers. I seriously scour every single thrift store, salvation army and goodwill I can find and have been really lucking finding some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I was doing some research on creamy white pitchers - I am planning to do a post tomorrow - you've touched a chord in my heart - there is simplicity in these and such beauty - I love how you compare them to those who simply seek and love the LORD. I am a Pastor's wife too - so glad I found you,
    God Bless,
    Kathy
    Now, I'll go see what you're up to now!

    ReplyDelete