Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cottage by the sea dreams.....

Dreaming today about my cottage by the sea...It has been a dream since I was a little girl. We lived in Massachusetts and we would vacation on the Cape (Cape Cod) often. One time we rented a tiny little shack up on a bluff overlooking the ocean. It was bare bones...but beautiful. I think I was in the third grade, and the "cottage bug" was born. I cannot count the days I have spent sitting, playing, reading, collecting walking on the beach...my dream is that it is everyday....someday!

This is an old piece of music I found while looking for cottage pictures one day...I would LOVE an original...but may have to simply print it onto a piece of watercolor paper and make it look old...then of course frame it and hang it in my cottage wannabe home!

Growing up near the Cape, Marthas Vineyard and Nantucket...one cannot help but love these pretty hydrangeas...which sprinkle the whole Cape every spring and summer! It is a beautiful dusting of lilacs, purples, blues and greens... like driving through a watercolor painting...breathtaking!

One of my "other" dreams is to own a little place like this! These flower and farmer market stores dot New England...you never know when you will drive up on one, and you never know just what you will find!
I literally dream of what would be in my store...flowers...
chippy painted old things...cupcakes...fruit...buckets&baskets....pies...lots of white pitchers...lolipops...penny candy....the list goes on...I already have the name...just waiting for the store!

It is good to dream!
You never know where a dream and a prayer might lead you one day!

What is your dream today!

Love and dreams, Tracey


7 comments:

  1. I have exactly the same dream-sometimes I want it so bad, I just can't shake it. I'm thankful for what I do have but it's a whole different way of life. I even have a whole notebook dedicated to my cottage dream!
    Keep praying and watch for open doors ~

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these pictures...love your dreams...beautiful. I can't wait til yours becomes reality!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that I have ever had YOUR dream...but I do NOW! Love all these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dreams you have Tracey !!

    And that flower shop that's my dream what is released.................

    Have a happy sunny nice weekend !!

    Hugs from Ria

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dream is to own an old house with lots of character and fix it up. Ultimately both my husband and I would like to live on some land...eat from the garden, cultivate a flower garden, and just enjoy life a little more simply. It's so busy and hectic in the metropolis where we live now. Dreams are fun...they keep you hoping and praying.

    -Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I love the front of that sheet music too. I'd love to frame it as well. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete