Saturday, February 26, 2011

X Marks the Spot!

Remember that map?
Well here it is!
We stained a thin piece of moulding...cut it and literally nailed it to the wall.
I love it!
I choose this map for a very special reason.


I am one of those girls where everything in my house has a sentimental meaning.
The numbers, letters and decor in my house have purpose.
There is a story behind each thing.
It brings me life.
One of our favorite family spots is Anna Maria Island.
We love having this sweet reminder with us all the time.


This is just a close up of my PB pillows that I "invested" in a year ago.
I am an ocean girl...how could I walk out of the store without them!

A map is a great way to bring special family memories into your home.
Maybe one in your kiddos room of the city where they were born...
or of the place you honey mooned...
or got married...
or your first house...
or the city where you live now...
you get the idea...
Put your place on the MAP!

Love and X marks the spot,
Tracey



9 comments:

  1. I love it!! I have never been to Anna Marie Island but have friends that go and say it is just beautiful!! I was just asking hubby last night where he put a map that we got a while ago of my favorite place in Northern Michigan. I want to put it in my "new" family room! I am the same way, I am sentimental and I love having things around me that remind me of people and places!
    Thank you for your sweet comment, I am very excited to make my little coastal family room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, you are a girl after my own heart....I too have been working on framing maps of special places to us. I've been collecting them from places we've traveled to and like you, I feel like everything in my house should be meaningful to us, not just pretty.

    I love the colors in your map and also how you framed it right to the wall!! And your throw and PB pillow are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! One of my friends and I decorate with a bit of "beach style", too. Last year I found her a nautical map at an estate sale. It was of the Florida Keys, her favorite vacation spot. We framed it in some chunky white, chippy salvaged mounding and now it hangs in her kitchen. We *LOVE* that map!

    Your looks great, and the pillow is pretty fabulous, too! ;o)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post Tracey!!
    What a great sentiment!!
    I have 2 very special heart-felt places I love to visit every year too!!
    Oh how these things warm our hearts, yes? :)
    Just beautiful dear!

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your big map and I love it even more because it has a special meaning for you! I just bought a new map because I really like the colors used. I can't even remember what it's a map of, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it...love where it's hung, love that you and Tim did it together and love the memories it represents :)
    Lots of love in this comment...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go there and just be. It's the one place we go on vacation where i don't fret over the boys running from the house to the water - i just relax. Best.Place.Ever.

    Just passed the Stylish Blogger Award over to you - come by and grab it down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same way....about things with their meaning. :) love this map and how it has a special place on it. what a good idea! I will have to find one with our special place and frame it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I LOVE your map. How wonderful that it has such a meaning to you. I've been seeing maps all over the bloggging world lately and find myself drawn to them. I even went so far as to pick up an old atlas at the thrift store. But now I'm stuck as to how to use it. Thanks for all your idea's.

    ReplyDelete